- Civil Process (Prepayment required for service fees)
- Court Security
- Jail Operations
- Jail/Courthouse Maintenance
The Sheriff's Office consists of:
- 2 Full-Time Administrative Assistants
- 4 Full-Time Tellecommunicators
- 8 Full-Time Deputies
- 1 Full-Time Investigator
- 9 Full-Time Correctional Officers
- 1 Part-Time Maintenance
- 1 Full-Time Custodial Employee
- 21 Part-Time Support Personnel
After the retirement of the first K-9 Deputy for Fayette County, "Phantom," a trained, multi-purposed K-9, K-9 Deputy "Tex" joined the force in 2015 and is used in the following areas:
- Drug Interdiction
- Evidence Search
- Narcotics Detection
Fayette County Sheriff's Office/Jail
Fayette County Sheriff's Office/Jail is located in Vandalia, Illinois.
- Directions: Take I-70 exit 61, turn east on Randolph to 8th Street, turn south, travel 3 blocks to Johnson
- Law Enforcement Entrance: South door of jail
- Inmate Visitor Entrance: Through courthouse main entrance
PREA MISSION STATEMENT:
The Fayette County Jail is a division of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office under the responsibility and control of the Fayette County Sheriff, Chief Deputy and Jail Administrator.
It is the mission of the Fayette County Jail to protect the public while providing a safe, clean, zero tolerance, and well-managed environment for employees, inmates and visitors.
These goals shall be attained through effective management of policy and procedure, quality staff training, inmate accountability, and a facility maintenance program, all performed in a professional manner.
It is also our mission to provide those incarcerated, employees, and visitors with zero tolerance of sexual abuse, education, behavior management, and various program opportunities designed to improve their ability to return as productive members of society.